Thursday, November 8, 2012

Summer Time


Granted I've never been good at keeping my blog updated for the simple reason that my life simply is not that exciting....Somehow mundane everyday life things doesn't seem blog worthy. However I think its time to update this blog on my summer...


Aalborg:
I moved in with my dad in an attempt to save money and get a better grip on my economy ... but it has proven to be a challenge without equal. It took me almost two months to get the whole apartment packed, cleaned, painted, repaired, etc. In late August, I could finally give the apartment caretaker my keys. I said goodbye to Aalborg and thanks for a good five years and hopped on a train.
During the next three days I found a room at my dad's place which could be my room if I thought a little creatively regarding decorating. My televisions, mattresses, a small table, the most important books and DVDs, and my clothes was all I could squeezed in there ... The rest of my stuff .... went straight into storage.

Madonna:
My uncle was so privileged that he accidentally won two tickets to a Madonna concert in Parken in Copenhagen My aunt can not stand many people in one place for too long, so concerts are not something she could even enjoy my ... cousin had plans with his girlfriend and the youngest cousin is not particularly impressed with her that Madonna thing .... and then there's me. I chugged I just round the daily allowance country and struggled to finish in my apartment, so I actually had time to jump on the train to Copenhagen ... so I did! : D
Meeeen sewn only concert was so-so .... We were let in at 18th ... Queen Madonna came in at 22 .. it was therefore right practice having to stand and wait for four hours! But in the end, the music okay, stage show very entertaining and yet so should Madonna soon retire. She may go in form, but she behaved as if she was a slut 18 years old who were out partying. Absolutely no inhibitions what so ever. But my uncle and I now had a very enjoyable evening. Too, even though I had to sit in a train over all night and only arrived in Aalborg again at half past five in the morning.


Sweden:
My friend Mads got the idea that we could take advantage of the fact that the Stena Line had anniversary this year and therefore sold super cheap tickets. So we drove to Frederikshavn early one morning and took the ferry to Göteborg where we spent the day browsing and shopping.  I bought only a few books ... but it was books I have not been able to find in DK so I was happy. :) Mads had bought some clothes and shoes so that was cool. At six o clock we sailed for home. We had bought some sushi takeaway which we ate as dinner on the ferry. Ironically, there was suddenly a guy tapping me on the back. It turned out to be a guy from my old primary school class who now lives in Frederikshavn. Kinda funny that I would encounter him in the middle of the ocean. We were back in Aalborg at midnight, well worn but super excited over such a pleasant day in Sweden. I must admit that with the exception of a single rude Swedish waitress,  the Swedes are as sweet as they come ... I Really enjoyed seeing Göteborg which is a nice, old but modern city. I will def. come back one day and enjoy another shopping trip! : D




Turkey:
My father suddenly got the idea that we should go to Turkey. He had always said that Turkey was a no-way-in-hell-am-I-going-there country and that he would never go...ever! But since the travel agency 'Primo tours' lured with fancy apartments with kick ass views and plenty of sunshine and air conditioning, he had to turn to! So off we went .... 14 days in Tosmur, Alanya in Turkey .... delicious sunshine and total relaxation .... super delicious ....! And the sea is just so nice to swim in. ... filled with so much salt that you are floating no matter what and where ever you are in the sea and the water is always warm. No matter the time, be it night or day. We lived in a wonderful three bedroom apartment on the 8th floor ... it was just a shame that I didn't find a way to get the  apartment back with me to Denmark! :)





The Green Concert

With the exception of the Beautiful Festival, festival life is not just me ... it doesn't seem likely as I am, after all, old scout I know ... But I tend to get annoyed when bathing facilities and toilets are not in order and it can quickly ruin my day. Therefore, I am super happy with the Green Concert concept ... festival in a single day. This year I was persuaded my classmate Marie, a friend from University to tag along with me to Green Concert in Odense ... My great friend Martin came and joined us. We spent some wonderful hours on the green field filled with thousand of people who appreciated good music and sunshine. Ironically, I ran into my cousin Simon .... In Odense, of all places. He lives in the other end of the country! .. it was a bit funny, but a nice surprise just to see the boy again because I do not see him as often. But it was a good day when I catched up with Martin and Marie with good music in the background.





Cooking skills
During the summer,  my desire to be the secret love child of Jamie Oliver and Julia Child returned with a passion. I've challenged Gordon Ramsay's Beef Wellington recipe and it was a huge success! I have thrown myself in various cookbooks and this is something my dad and brother enjoy. Sometimes recipes epic fails, other times huge success! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment