Saturday, November 10, 2012

PRINCE2 - PRojects IN Controlled Environments.

I've been taking a new course...I have an education within the field of International relations and development, an education from a university that is known for group-and project work, so it seemed like a good idea to add a certification of a international recognized project work method to my resume.

I actually began to regret it though, because the course was nothing like they advertised it. However, I liked my instructor so I kept going. This past thursday I took the exam after having studied like a maniac all freaking night. I was SURE I would not pass. I have a serious problem with exams-for some reasons my mind just goes blank. As in entirely blank...there's nothing there.....just....blankness. Of course it happened during the exam as well....I had to answer 75 questions during the course of one hour. 15 minutes into the hour, my mind finally began work again and I could actually remember stuff from the manual...But I wasn't quick enough. When the instructor came into the room and informed us we had 2 minutes to go, I still needed to answer 15 questions! So I read and answered as many as I could and then just randomly crossed out a, b, c, or d answers without having read the questions. As I handed in my answer sheet, I asked my instructor if he could sign me up for the next exam right now...I was SURE I'd flunked it big time! You pass the exam if you have 35 (50%) of the questions right.

As it turned out....I passed! With 50% right!

Basically, PRINCE2 can be define as:


"...the de facto standard developed and used extensively by the UK government and is widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally.  It embodies established and proven best practice in project management." 

Now, I have passed the foundation of PRINCE2. But Im not done. The next step is to pass the practitioner's exam which will take place December 5.  How to actually make a project successful in reality. Not just in theory.  Then...my resume will be rocking! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment